Gene Francis of San Luis Obispo
December 13, 2014 - single portrait
Gene Francis sat in his gallery in San Luis Obispo, CA when I walked in attracted by some of the paintings in the window. He was working on a painting for a couple with the pictures of family and friends all over a platform of a train station. His style is somewhere between hyper realism and art deco. In my opinion it’s close to being kitsch but in a way also impressive. One painting stroke my eyes quite a bit: a gray scale San Francisco street scene which you can check out here.
Next time you are in San Luis Obispo, why don’t you stop by 1120 Garden St. and say “Hello” to Gene Francis, talk with him a little bit, and see his paintings. He still doesn’t have much of an internet appearance. However, you can see more of his work here.
- A pirate in Munich - August 5, 2018
- Joyce, the chef … - September 4, 2016
- enjoying the sun - May 29, 2016
- Luke knows how to brew a good beer - February 28, 2016
- project christmas day - December 30, 2015
- a haircut for a headache - December 23, 2015
- surrounded by blue - October 9, 2015
- the old fashioned way … - July 28, 2015
- Graduation Day - July 4, 2015