woman with hat
November 19, 2014 - single portrait
actually i don’t like portraits in portrait mode, but as you might see it was impossible to squeeze this hat into a landscape frame. normally i don’t ask people for their portrait only and not talk to them for some other reason. but this was a different approach. i saw this beautiful lady with her artsy hat and needed to ask her for a portrait. she, however distanced, was thankful that asked her, because as she told me many people take her picture without permission which she doesn’t like. to my please she agreed my application immediately. she seriously insisted on having the whole hat in the frame and i needed to let her see the result on the screen (‘fortunately’ i had a digital camera) she told me that she bought the impressive hat in a little boutique nearby … and this is not the end of the story. second chapter will follow soon.
later i learnt that this woman is a local celebrety, having appearances on the local tv from time to time. she is a walking fashion advertisement and some kind of superficial tourist attraction.
- death penalty and hinduism - July 15, 2016
- the best part of India - April 6, 2016
- a new year’s story from jerusalem - January 1, 2016
- chef, gin dealer and a good soul - December 11, 2015
- guided by a friend - November 26, 2015
- the beauty of india - November 2, 2015
- the brahmin’s housewife - October 16, 2015
- the unofficial guide of churi ajitgarh - September 25, 2015
- girlish spirit under christmas tree - September 11, 2015