at the rheinfall
October 29, 2014 - group portrait
I met Maria and Ioan at the Rheinfall in Schaffhausen. They were spending the day with their daughter and son in-law there. I walked by and nodded. Ioan nodded back with a smile and I looked into his bright eyes. I asked if I could take a photo and they agreed. I felt there were just so many things that happened in their lives written in both faces. And they were at peace the way they were sitting on the bench.
Maria and Ioan are from Romania. Their daughter’s family lives in Germany. I’m not sure whether Maria and Ioan were just visiting or not. The son in-law and I were talking a bit how we made similar memories in 1989 when communism collapsed in Romania as well as East Germany. Now we are part of the same world again having found work and a home in Western Germany.
And for a moment we connected through this beautiful couple.
- A pirate in Munich - August 5, 2018
- Joyce, the chef … - September 4, 2016
- enjoying the sun - May 29, 2016
- Luke knows how to brew a good beer - February 28, 2016
- project christmas day - December 30, 2015
- a haircut for a headache - December 23, 2015
- surrounded by blue - October 9, 2015
- the old fashioned way … - July 28, 2015
- Graduation Day - July 4, 2015