the opera choir
October 24, 2014 - group portrait
I met these guys behind the Goethe Theater in Bad Lauchstaedt. The are members of the opera choir in Halle and were performing in “Martha”, a romantic opera composed by Friedrich von Flotow that was first staged in Vienna in 1847. They were standing together in little groups talking and relaxing before the show. I liked their costumes and the way they fit to the little theater that was built in 1802. I’m usually a bit shy to talk to people but I’m learning by doing.
We started talking when I walked by with my camera on a sunny afternoon. Bad Lauchstaedt is a small town close to my birth place Halle. Also, my grand mother lived in a small village just a couple of minutes away. In the eighties and ninetieth Bad Lauchstaedt was a gray and unsightly town and the emission of the close by chemical plants of Leuna and Buna certainly didn’t help to make the little park look greener. However, today the town does its best to promote that fact that the German writer Goethe stayed and ran the little summer theater here.
- A pirate in Munich - August 5, 2018
- Joyce, the chef … - September 4, 2016
- enjoying the sun - May 29, 2016
- Luke knows how to brew a good beer - February 28, 2016
- project christmas day - December 30, 2015
- a haircut for a headache - December 23, 2015
- surrounded by blue - October 9, 2015
- the old fashioned way … - July 28, 2015
- Graduation Day - July 4, 2015